Hello, world! Welcome to my website!
Who am I? My name is Diana Veiga and I am a writer, storyteller, comedienne and just all around dope individual if I do say so myself and I do say so myself (word up Jay Z).
My website features my freelance writing, performances (from the pulpit to the Lincoln Theatre) and my upcoming events. Check it out, explore, and enjoy.
In this musings section, I’ll post my thoughts about what’s happening in the world from politics to pop culture – in both written and video form. Cardi B, owwww!
Here are 10 fun facts about me:
- I was born in my house. Yes, on purpose. My mother had midwives before it was hip.
- I attended a French immersion program in elementary school and speak French fluently.
- I love anything that glitters and sparkles. And if it’s pink? Give it to me right now.
- My senior year at Spelman College, I was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, the most prestigious honor society.
- I’m a former bartender and waitress and can make a mean cocktail.
- I love to entertain and host events…at my house. Burgers and Beer, Wine(d) Down House Happy Hours, Ugly Sweater Christmas Parties – gathering people together around food and drinks is one of my favorite things.
- I was a super Girl Scout (my term – not an official term lol) and starred in local Girl Scout cookie commercials, visited the White House and met former President and First Lady, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and got my Gold Award – the highest award in Scouting.
- One of my childhood dreams had always been to attend a DNC Convention and I got my chance in 2012! Heyyyy, forever FLOTUS and POTUS, Michelle and Barack Obama!
- I studied abroad in Paris my junior year and my hostess was the sister of the former French President, François Mitterand. Ohhh the stories she told!
- I’ve got a song lyric for that…all my homies know whenever they’re talking to me, I will insert song lyrics to go with your tale. Denzel Washington voice, I guarantee it!